Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre, Barn Street Recreation Ground is a peaceful and secluded green space. The spacious open field is bordered by trees and hedgerows and lends itself as a destination for families, friends and activity groups looking to relax, socialise and just enjoy some time outdoors.
Entrance to Barn Street Recreation Ground is via steps on Tower Hill Road. Alternativity there is a gate that can be accessed from Barn Crescent.
Things to See and Do
- Enjoy a picnic at the one of the picnic benches, or bring your own blanket
- Organise group activities such as yoga, art classes, bootcamps or tai chi
- Forage for elderflower during the summer months
- Walk, jog or run around the field
- Relax and unwind! It’s the perfect green space to stretch out on the grass and enjoy being outdoors
Things to Note
- This is the only dog-free green space in Crewkerne, so dogs are strictly not allowed on the field. Instead we recommend walking four legged friends at Bincombe Beeches Nature Reserve, Henhayes Recreation Ground, Happy Valley or the many picturesque walks around the town.
- Sadly there is no wheelchair access.
We want to encourage as much wildlife as possible into this lovely space. We hope to do this by leaving long grasses, encouraging wildflower areas and by planting trees, which will enhance the green space and add to the enjoyment of the area.